2.2A Offshore First Aid
This 4-day basic training course is aimed at everyone who is designated to perform first aid tasks in a first aid organisation at a mining installation or a drilling platform. At the end of the course the delegate should have the required knowledge and skills to be able to render first aid to victims of accidents or acute sick persons; accompany them during transport; co-ordinate and assist in case of serious accidents; manage the first aid equipment and communicate effectively with the back-up doctor ashore.
This training consists of theoretical instruction combined with practical excersises aimed at the following learning targets :
- basic principles of rendering first aid
- stop bleeding
- simple wound treatment
- immobilize fractures
- first aid at shock
- cardio-pulmonary reanimation
- first aid for unconscious patients
- immobilization of patients with suspected back and/or neck injury
- first aid at drowning
- first aid at hypothermia
- personal hygiene before treating open wounds
- preparations for transport of wounded/sick persons
- use of first aid equipment, bandages and trauma scale
- communication and radio medical advice
- giving injections into a muscle on indication of a physician
- operating an AED
- keep medical administration up to date
Participants who pass the exam will receive a Nogepa 2.2 Offshore First Aid certificate with a validity of 2 years.
By default courses organised via DELTA are in the English language.
Geyssendorfferweg 47, 3088 GJ Rotterdam (harbour nr. 2320).
Conditions for participation
This 4-day training is meant for groups of maximum 6 persons. It is concluded with a theoretical and practical exam. For groups we can adapt the set up and time (evenings and weekends are possible) of the training.
Prices are including course materials, location, exam, lunch, coffee/tea. Not included:
- 21% BTW. Alle prices are ex. VAT.