2.2B Offshore First Aid – Refresher training
The NOGEPA Offshore First Aid 2.2B is the refresher training meant for everyone who is designated to perform first aid tasks in a first aid organisation at an offshore mining installation of drilling platform. At the end of the course the delegate should have the required knowledge and skills in order to be able to adequately render first aid.
This course refreshes the knowledge and skills in order to be able to: render first aid to victims of accidents or acute sick persons at a mining installation, accompany sick or wounded persons during transport from the workplace to shore, co-ordinate and assist in case of serious accidents with several victims, manage the first aid equipment at the offshore mining installation and communicate effectively with the back-up doctor ashore performing first aid actions on directions of this doctor.
- Basic principles of rendering first aid
- Stop bleeding, simple wound treatment
- Immobilize fractures
- First aid at shock
- Cardio-pulmonary reanimation
- Operating an automatic external defibrillator
- First aid at unconscious patients
- Immobilization of patient(s) with suspected back and/or neck injury
- First aid at drowning
- First aid at hypothermia
- Personal hygiene before treating open wounds
- Preparations for transport of injured/sick persons
- Use of first aid equipment
- Use of bandages
- Use of trauma scale
- Communication and radio medical advice
- Giving injections into a muscle on indication of a physician
- Keep medical administration up to date
The course duration is four days and the course will be provided in classes with a maximum of 6 participants. Both the theoretical and the practical part will be concluded with an exam.
Successful delegates receive a NOGEPA 2.2 First Aid certificate, with a validity of two years.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and in case of a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch. It is allowed to participate in the course with assistance of a translator. A translator can be provided by DELTA Safety Training upon request.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay.
Conditions for participation
Delegates need to be in possession of a valid NOGEPA 2.2A First Aid certificate or a valid Oranje Kruis First Aid certificate.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, the certificate, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.