CA-EBS OPITO (5902)
The aims and objectives of the OPITO CA-EBS training are to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of a Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) and appropriate practical emergency response actions to take should the requirement for emergency deployment arise.
During the training programme, delegates will be required to demonstrate their skills and understanding of the following key areas. To successfully complete this training delegates must able to explain:
- The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems (technology and use).
- The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situations.
- The hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems.
To successfully complete this training delegates must able to demonstrate:
- A pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CE-EBS.
- Donning the life jacket with CA-EBS correctly, including ‘buddy check’.
- An emergency deployment of the CA-EBS in a dry environment.
This course will be provided in group with a maximum of 16 delegates, consists of theory and practice and has a duration of 1,5 hours.
Successful delegates receive an OPITO Compressed Air Emergency Breathing Apparatus (CA-EBS) (5902) certificate. This certificate has an unlimited validity.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and in case of a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses.
Conditions for Participation
Delegates must possess a valid BOSIET/FOET certificate including a valid HUET certificate prior to attending the OPITO Compressed Air Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial deployment Training programme.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, the certificate, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups.
- For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.