Confined Spaces Attendant (Manhole Watch)
In the course Confined Spaces Attendant (Manhole Watch) delegates will learn all safety regulations and procedures needed for working in confined spaces, such as tanks, pipelines, cellars etcetera. Confined spaces are high risk environments and special precautions need to be taken before entering such an environment is regarded safe enough. Under the Dutch SOG regulations, DELTA Safety Training provides a 1 day training and exam, that will grant the successful delegates to this course the permit to work as a safety guard, watching the work from outside of the confined space.
The tasks and duties of this responsible person are also described and managed in the ‘work permit’ procedures that are common practice in The Netherlands in the Oil & Gas sector.
This training course could be also very beneficial for personnel on vessels or rigs, at which confined spaces are present.
This training course could be also very benificial for personnel on vessels or rigs, at which confined spaces are present.
This course consists of a theoretical and a practical part.
- Dangers of confined spaces
- Safety measures for confined spaces
- Interpretation of measurements
- Understanding danger and emergency situations and acting appropriately
- How to act in normal situations
- How to act in emergency situations
The course duration is one day and the course will be provided in classes with a maximum of 8 participants.
Successful delegates receive a DELTA or SOG certificate Confined Spaces Attendant with a validity of 3 years.
This training is provided in Dutch. The SSVV Training Guide SOG certification can only be provided in Dutch. If chosen for a DELTA certification, the course can be provided in English upon request.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay. Upon request the course can be provided on location, if the location meets the course requirements.
Conditions for Participation
The minimum age for participation is 18 years and to participate in the SSVV training guide (SOG) exam of this course, participants shall have a valid VCA Basic Safety or VCA.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.