E-BOSIET (incl. CA-EBS)
OPITO launched the online learning method for the theory elements of the Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET). The theory elements of the BOSIET has undergone a digital conversion and are available as an online alternative to attending classroom sessions.
The BOSIET training is a basis offshore survival training designed for new entrants to the offshore industry. Oil and Gas companies worldwide seek to ensure that everyone travelling to one of their offshore assets (production platform, drill rig, FPSO etc.) must have completed an appropriate offshore safety and emergency training course before being allowed to travel to their offshore asset. The OPITO-approved BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) with Compressed Air Breathing System (CA-EBS) course provides the delegate with a range of knowledge and skills relevant to travelling offshore by helicopter and working offshore.
The digital delivery option has been developed to provide an alternative method of learning the theory elements of the training without any changes to the technical content. Once completed, a final assessment and the practical sessions will be carried out at DELTA Safety Training, OPITO approved training provider.
There has been no changes made to the technical content of the Standards – the four modules remain the same. The OPITO BOSIET (incl. CA-EBS & NOG Supplement) training consists of the following modules:
- Safety Induction
- Sea Survival
- Fire Fighting & Self – Rescue
- Choose your course date for the practical part from the available dates in the top right corner of the page.
- You will receive a booking confirmation and the course details for the practical part of the course at DELTA Safety Training.
- The theoretical part of the course has to be completed before commencement of the practical part. This will be checked before commencement of the practical part.
- At the start of the practical course day at DELTA Safety Training, an assessment will be conducted.
The duration of the practical part and assessment is one day and will be conducted in groups with a maximum of 8 delegates. The theoretical part will be done through E-Learning. Delegates can take their own time. On average it will approximately take 2-3 days.
Successful delegates receive an OPITO certificate Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (OPITO code 5750; BOSIET) incl. HUET & CA-EBS. This certificate has a validity of four years.
This course is provided in English.
The theoretical part of the training will be done online. The practical part of the training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses.
Conditions for Participation
Delegates shall have completed the E-Learning part of the course prior to commencement of the practical part.
The delegate needs to be in possession of a valid OGUK Offshore Medical or a NOGEPA Offshore medical certificate. If the medical examination is performed after March 31st 2018 the medical certificate or sticker in the green safety logbook needs to state that: delegate is FIT TO TRAIN IN-WATER CA-EBS or UNFIT TO TRAIN IN-WATER CA-EBS. If the medical examination is performed prior to March 31st 2018, the lungfunction test needs to be done prior to the start of the BOSIET/FOET/HUET course. We can provide this at our training centre, but must be done before the start of the course.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, the certificate, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups.
- For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- The delegate shall attend the practical part of the course no later than 90 days after completion of the E-Learning part of the course.