Gas Measurement (1-day course)
The 1-day practical training Gas Measurment is intended for people working on a (petro) chemical company premises who perform gas measurements, work in gas detection and/or interpret measurement data. This refresher course is intended for employees with experience in gas measurement and who have successfully conducted a Gas Measurement 2 or 3 day course in the past.
The participant will be trained to responsibly conduct and interpret gas, oxygen, and / or Tox measurements, for the purpose of, among other things, securing the workplace. This training leads to the DELTA or SSVV Training Guide (formerly GORW or Deltalinqs) certificate Gas Monitoring.
This training consists of a theoretical and practical part.
- Basic concepts of: toxic substance, poisoning, gases and vapors, effects of toxic substances on the body, definitions of limit value and TGG, diffusion-dependent factors for gases and vapors, the relationship between Vol% and ppm and mg / m3, toxic. materials measurement
- Basic concepts such as fire and explosion, description of the explosion area, explosion limits and the rates of these limits, explosivity measurement.
- Basic concepts such as suffocation due to oxygen deficiency, effects of too high or too low oxygen concentration, oxygen measurement
- Conduct independent gas measurements.
- Measurement equipment and operation of possibly necessary tools.
The course duration is one day and the course will be provided in classes with a maximum of 12 participants.
Successful delegates receive a DELTA or SSVV Training Guide (SOG) Gas Measurement certificate. Both certificates have a validity of three years.
This course is provided in Dutch. In case of DELTA certification, the course can be provided in English upon request.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay.
Conditions for Participation
Participants shall have obtained a certificate gas measurement basic training that has not been expired over a year. This certificate shall be sent to DELTA Safety Training prior to participation. If the delegate is not in possession of a prior obtained certificate, participation in the 2-day or 3-day course is recommended.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.