Gas Measurement (2-day course)
The 2-day practical training Gas Measurement is intended for employees working on a (petro) chemical company premises who perform gas measurements, work in gas detection and/or interpret measurement data. This course is for participants who want to obtain the certificate Gas Monitoring for the first time.
The participant will be trained to responsibly conduct and interpret gas, oxygen, and / or Tox measurements, for the purpose of, among other things, securing the workplace. This training leads to the DELTA or SSVV Training Guide (formerly GORW or Deltalinqs) certificate Gas Monitoring.
This training consists of a theoretical and practical part.
- Basic concepts of: toxic substance, poisoning, gases and vapors, effects of toxic substances on the body, definitions of limit value and TGG, diffusion-dependent factors for gases and vapors, the relationship between Vol% and ppm and mg / m3, toxic. materials measurement
- Basic concepts such as fire and explosion, description of the explosion area, explosion limits and the rates of these limits, explosivity measurement.
- Basic concepts such as suffocation due to oxygen deficiency, effects of too high or too low oxygen concentration, oxygen measurement
- Conduct independent gas measurements.
- Measurement equipment and operation of possibly necessary tools.
The course duration is two days and the course will be provided in classes with a maximum of 12 participants.
Successful delegates receive a DELTA or SSVV Training Guide (SOG) Gas Monitoring certificate. Both certificates have a validity of three years.
This course is provided in Dutch. In case of DELTA certification, the course can be provided in English upon request.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay.
Conditions for Participation
It is assumed that participants already have obtained the certificate Gas Monitoring or have obtained familiarity with the equipment otherwise. Participants must have basic knowledge of Gas Monitoring.
To participate in the SSVV Training Guide (SOG) exam of this course, participants must be in possession of a valid certificate Basic Safety VCA or VOL VCA.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.