Gas Measurement (2-day course)
The 2-day practical training Gas Monitoring is intended for employees working on a (petro) chemical company premises who perform gas measurements, work in gas detection and/or interperate measurement data. This course is for participants who want to obtain the certificate Gas Monitoring for the first time.
The participant will be trained to responsibly conduct and interpret gas, oxygen, and / or Tox measurements, for the purpose of, among other things, securing the workplace. This training leads to the DELTA or SSVV Training Guide (formerly GORW or Deltalinqs) certificate Gas Monitoring.
Note: To participate in SSVV Training Guide (SOG) exams, participants must be in possession of a valid certificate Basic Safety VCA or VOL VCA.
This training consists of a theoretical and practical part:
- Basic concepts of: toxic substance, poisoning, gases and vapors, effects of toxic substances on the body, definitions of limit value and TGG, diffusion-dependent factors for gases and vapors, the relationship between Vol% and ppm and mg / m3, toxic. materials measurement
- Basic concepts such as fire and explosion, description of the explosion area, explosion limits and the rates of these limits, explosivity measurement.
- Basic concepts such as suffocation due to oxygen deficiency, effects of too high or too low oxygen concentration, oxygen measurement
- Conduct independent gas measurements.
- Measurement equipment and operation of possibly necessary tools.
The Open Enrollment Training consists of 2 days of instruction from 08.00 to 16.00 hours for groups of an avarage of 9 participants. Both the theoretical and the practical part will be completed with a test. For groups and in-company trainings, the course and times (evenings and weekends are also possible) can be adjusted.
With sufficient result, the participant receives a DELTA or SSVV Training Guide (SOG) Gas Monitoring certificate. These certificates are valid for 3 years.
The SSVV Training Guide (SOG) and DELTA exams Gas Monitoring are available in all European languages. For languages other than Dutch we are happy to make you a tailored offer.
DELTA, Geyssendorfferweg 47, 3088 GJ Rotterdam (harbournr 2320)
Conditions for participation
It is assumed that participants already have obtained the certificate Gas Monitoring or have obtained familiarity with the equipment otherwise. Participants must have basic knowledge of Gas Monitoring.
To participate in the SSVV Training Guide (SOG) exam of this course, participants must be in possession of a valid certificate Basic Safety VCA or VOL VCA.
The price listed on the top right of this page holds for the Dutch course and includes teaching materials, use of the practice means, the DELTA certificate and lunch/coffee/tea. For the SSVV Training Guide Exam € 64,50 will be charged in addition. All prices exclude 21% VAT.