GWO Advanced Rescue Training
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) is an association of Wind Turbine owners and manufacturers with the aim of supporting an injury-free work environment in the wind industry. The Global Wind Organisation developed a standard for advances rescue training. This in order to train the workers in advanced rescue situations.
De GWO Advanced Rescue Training combines the following modules:
- GWO Module Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue
- GWO Module Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue
- GWO Module Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue
- GWO Module Single Rescuer Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue
These modules are also offered as separate courses. Please visit the separate module pages for more detailed information about the module content
The GWO Advances Rescue Training is provided in 3 days in classes with a maximum of 12 delegates. The course consists of theoretical and practical parts.
Successful delegates receive a GWO certificate for each module of the Advanced Rescue Training separately.
- GWO Module Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (valid for 2 years)
- GWO Module Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (valid for 2 years)
- GWO Module Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (end date N/A)
- GWO Module Single Rescuer Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (end date N/A)
This course is provided in English. Upon request and with a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses.
Conditions for participation
In order to participate in this course, the delegates need to be in possession of a valid: GWO Working at Height, GWO First Aid and GWO Manual Handling certificate.
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to the training.
In order to generate a WINDA ID, please visit: https://winda.globalwindsafety.org and choose ‘Register’, followed by ‘Delegate Registration’. After filling in your data you will receive an activation code per e-mail, which is valid for 48 hours. When you activate via the e-mail and fill in a password a confirmation will be sent via e-mail. Also, in the top right corner of the page your WINDA ID will occur, which is needed for registration of your certification.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- In the event of insufficient number of delegates (to be assessed by DELTA Safety Training), DELTA Safety Training has the right to re-schedule the course to an alternative date.