GWO Fire Awareness
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) is an association of Wind Turbine owners and manufacturers with the aim of supporting an injury-free work environment in the wind industry. This standard has been developed in response of the demand for recognizable Basic Safety Training in the industry.
The objectives of the BST Fire Awareness Module are to ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the dangers related to this.
- The delegates are able to identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct actions on discovering a fire including correct operation and fire extinguishing by means of the firefighting equipment in a WTG.
GWO Fire Awareness certificate. Validity 2 years.
By default courses organised via DELTA are in the English language.
Geyssendorfferweg 47, 3088 GJ Rotterdam (harbour nr. 2320).
Conditions for participation
Delegates shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating. Delegates will sign a statement at the training provider stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of anu narcotic substance or alcohol.
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the training.
Prices are including course materials, location, exam, lunch, coffee/tea. Not included:
- WINDA registration fee € 10,- .
- 21% BTW. Alle prices are ex. VAT.