GWO Fire Awareness
In the module GWO Fire Awareness delegates learn how to successfully extinguish a fire. The GWO Fire Awareness training is one of the five separate modules of the GWO Basic Safety Training, developed by the Global Wind Organisation for personnel in the wind industry.
The full Basic Safety Training consists of 5 modules that provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to work safely in the wind industry: GWO Module First Aid, GWO Module Manual Handling, GWO Module Fire Awareness, GWO Module Working at Heights and GWO Module Sea Survival.
The objectives of the GWO Fire Awareness module are to ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the development and spread of fire.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the causes of fires in wind turbines and the dangers related to this.
- The delegates are able to identify any sign of a fire in a wind turbine environment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the contingency plans in a wind turbine environment including smoke detection and emergency escape procedures.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct actions on discovering a fire including correct operation and fire extinguishing by means of the firefighting equipment in a WTG.
The GWO Fire Awareness module is provided in 0,5 day in classes with a maximum of 12 delegates. The course consists of theoretical and practical parts.
Successful delegates receive a GWO Fire Awareness certificate with a validity of 2 years.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and with a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses.
Conditions for participation
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to the training.
In order to generate a WINDA ID, please visit: https://winda.globalwindsafety.org and choose ‘Register’, followed by ‘Delegate Registration’. After filling in your data you will receive an activation code per e-mail, which is valid for 48 hours. When you activate via the e-mail and fill in a password a confirmation will be sent via e-mail. Also, in the top right corner of the page your WINDA ID will occur, which is needed for registration of your certification.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee and tea. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups.
- For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.