GWO First Aid – Refresher
The refresher module GWO First Aid is meant for those who are in possession of a valid GWO First Aid certificate and need to extend the validity of their certificate.
In the GWO First Aid refresher training delegates will be educated to apply first aid in case of accidents in wind turbines.
The GWO First Aid refresher module is one of the five separate refresher modules of the GWO Basic Safety refresher course. The full GWO Basic Safety Refresher training consists of 5 modules that provide delegates with the full knowledge and skills to work safely in the wind industry: GWO First Aid refresher, GWO Manual Handling refresher, GWO Fire Awareness refresher, GWO Working at Heights refresher and GWO Sea Survival refresher.
The objectives of the First Aid Refresher Module are to ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC and AHA guidelines.
- The delegates are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency in a WTG environment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey A–B–C. The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED).
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of Ordinary First Aid, the Secondary survey. The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario.
The GWO First Aid module is provided in 2 days in classes with a maximum of 12 delegates. The course consists of theoretical and practical parts. The theoretical and practical part will be concluded with an exam.
Successful delegates receive a GWO First Aid refresher certificate, with a validity of 2 years.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and with a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses.
Conditions for participation
Delegates shall be in possession of a valid GWO First Aid certificate.
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to the training.
In order to generate a WINDA ID, please visit: https://winda.globalwindsafety.org and choose ‘Register’, followed by ‘Delegate Registration’. After filling in your data you will receive an activation code per e-mail, which is valid for 48 hours. When you activate via the e-mail and fill in a password a confirmation will be sent via e-mail. Also, in the top right corner of the page your WINDA ID will occur, which is needed for registration of your certification.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups.
- For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.