GWO First Aid – Refresher
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) is an association of Wind Turbine owners and manufacturers with the aim of supporting an injury-free work environment in the wind industry. This standard has been developed in response of the demand for recognizable Basic Safety Training in the industry.
The objectives of the First Aid Refresher Module are to ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC and AHA guidelines.
- The delegates are able to identify and explain normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding and correct order of management in an emergency in a WTG environment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey A–B–C
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of Ordinary First Aid, the Secondary survey
- The delegates are able to demonstrate correct use of First Aid equipment in a First Aid scenario
GWO First Aid refresher certificate. Validity 2 years.
By default courses organised via DELTA are in the English language.
Geyssendorfferweg 47, 3088 GJ Rotterdam (harbour nr. 2320).
Conditions for participation
Delegates must be in possession of a valid GWO First Aid certificate and shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating. Delegates will sign a statement at the training provider stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of anu narcotic substance or alcohol.
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the training.
Prices are including course materials, location, exam, lunch, coffee/tea. Not included:
- WINDA registration fee € 10,- .
- 21% BTW. Alle prices are ex. VAT.