GWO Manual Handling
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) is an association of Wind Turbine owners and manufacturers with the aim of supporting an injury-free work environment in the wind industry. This standard has been developed in response of the demand for recognizable Basic Safety Training in the industry.
The objectives of the BST Manual Handling Module are to ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location.
- The delegates are able to identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment.
- The delegates are able to identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
GWO Manual Handling certificate. Validity 2 years.
By default courses organised via DELTA are in the English language.
Geyssendorfferweg 47, 3088 GJ Rotterdam (harbour nr. 2320).
Conditions for participation
Delegates shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating. Delegates will sign a statement at the training provider stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of anu narcotic substance or alcohol.
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the training.
Prices are including course materials, location, exam, lunch, coffee/tea. Not included:
- WINDA registration fee € 10,- .
- 21% BTW. Alle prices are ex. VAT.