GWO Sea Survival – Refresher
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) is an association of Wind Turbine owners and manufacturers with the aim of supporting an injury-free work environment in the wind industry. This standard has been developed in response of the demand for recognizable Basic Safety Training in the industry.
The objectives of the BST Sea Survival Refresher Module are to ensure and to refresh that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the advantages and limitations of the different LSA, PPE and PFPE commonly used offshore in the wind energy industry and are able to don and use them accordingly.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation and vessel to vessel.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and WTG.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of SAR and GMDSS.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate recovery and First Aid treatment of a “man over board”.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate evacuation from “WTG” to water by means of “Constant Rate Descender”.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate individual and collective survival techniques at sea.
GWO Sea Survival Refresher certificate. Validity 2 years.
By default courses organised via DELTA are in the English language.
Geyssendorfferweg 47, 3088 GJ Rotterdam (harbour nr. 2320).
Conditions for participation
The refresher training is for every person with a valid GWO Sea Survival certificate. Delegates shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating. Delegates will sign a statement at the training provider stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of anu narcotic substance or alcohol.
Delegates must provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the training.
Prices are including course materials, location, exam, lunch, coffee/tea. Not included:
- WINDA registration fee € 10,- .
- 21% BTW. Alle prices are ex. VAT.