GWO Sea Survival – Refresher
The GWO Sea Survival refresher course is for those who are in possession of a valid GWO Sea Survival certificate and need to extend validity of their certificate. The aims of this GWO Sea Survival refresher course are, by theoretical and practical training to give the participants the basic knowledge and skills to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or Wind Turbine Generator and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind energy environment.
The GWO Sea Survival refresher module is one of the five separate refresher modules of the GWO Basic Safety refresher course.
The full GWO Basic Safety Refresher training consists of 5 modules that provide delegates with the full knowledge and skills to work safely in the wind industry: GWO First Aid refresher, GWO Manual Handling refresher, GWO Fire Awareness refresher, GWO Working at Heights refresher and GWO Sea Survival refresher.
The objectives of the GWO Sea Survival Refresher Module are to ensure that:
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the advantages and limitations of the different LSA, PPE and PFPE commonly used offshore in the wind energy industry and are able to don and use them accordingly.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation and vessel to vessel.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and WTG.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of SAR and GMDSS.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate recovery and First Aid treatment of a “man over board”.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate evacuation from “WTG” to water by means of “Constant Rate Descender”.
- The delegates are able to demonstrate individual and collective survival techniques at sea.
The GWO Sea Survival module is provided in one day to classes with a maximum of 12 persons. The training consists of a theoretical and practical part.
Successful delegates receive a GWO Sea Survival refresher certificate with a validity of 2 years.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and with a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses.
Conditions for Participation
Delegates are in possession of a valid certificate GWO Sea Survival.
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to the training.
In order to generate a WINDA ID, please visit: https://winda.globalwindsafety.org and choose ‘Register’, followed by ‘Delegate Registration’. After filling in your data you will receive an activation code per e-mail, which is valid for 48 hours. When you activate via the e-mail and fill in a password a confirmation will be sent via e-mail. Also, in the top right corner of the page your WINDA ID will occur, which is needed for registration of your certification.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups.
- For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.