GWO Working at Heights
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) is an association of Wind Turbine owners and manufacturers with the aim of supporting an injury-free work environment in the wind industry. This standard has been developed in response of the demand for recognizable Basic Safety Training in the industry.
Combination GWO W@H/R-alf rescue pully systeeem
It is possible to combine GWO W@H module with a practical instruction of the R-alf rescue pully system. Please contact our course administration for more information and terms and conditions.
To ensure that delegates are able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to a WTG;
- Understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights;
- Correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.;
- Knowledge and skills to correctly inspect, service, store and don the relevant PPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct;
- Correct use of evacuation devices;
- How to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.
A GWO W@H certificate will be awarded after successful completion of the course. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
By default courses organised via DELTA are in the English language.
Geyssendorfferweg 47, 3088 GJ Rotterdam (harbour nr. 2320).
Conditions for participation
Delegates shall be medically fit and capable of fully participating. Delegates will sign a statement at the training provider stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of any narcotic substance or alcohol. A good physical condition is required.
Participants may not exceed 124 kilos in relation to the bearing capacity of the materials that are used during the training. We kindly advise you to bring your own safety shoes.
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the training
Prices are including course materials, location, exam, lunch, coffee/tea. Not included:
- WINDA registration fee € 10,- .
- 21% BTW. Alle prices are ex. VAT.