GWO Working at Heights – Refresher
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) is an association of Wind Turbine owners and manufacturers with the aim of supporting an injury-free work environment in the wind industry. This standard has been developed in response of the demand for recognizable Basic Safety Training in the industry.
To ensure en to refresh that delegates are able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to a WTG;
- Understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights;
- Correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.;
- Knowledge and skills to correctly inspect, service, store and don the relevant PPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct;
- Correct use of evacuation devices;
- How to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.
GWO Working at Heights Refresher certificate. Validity 2 years.
By default courses organised via DELTA are in the English language.
Geyssendorfferweg 47, 3088 GJ Rotterdam (harbour nr. 2320).
Conditions for participation
The refresher training is for every person with a valid GWO Working at Height certificate. Delegates shall further be medically fit and capable of fully participating. Delegates will sign a statement at the training provider stating that they are medically fit to participate in the safety training and that they do not suffer from any medical illness or are under the influence of anu narcotic substance or alcohol.
Delegates must provide their own WINDA ID prior to completing the training.
Prices are including course materials, location, exam, lunch, coffee/tea. Not included:
- WINDA registration fee € 10,- .
- 21% BTW. Alle prices are ex. VAT.