GWO Working at Heights – Refresher
This course is for people who are in possession of a valid GWO Working at Heights certificate and need to extend the validity. The aims of this course shall give the participants the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PPE and perform safe work at heights and safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment in accordance with BST Module Working at Heights.
It is possible to combine the GWO Working at Heights training with the practical R-alf Rescue Pulley system training. A combined hoist and descending system and latest innovation in Rescue, Confined Space working and Work Suspension Systems.
The GWO Working at Heights refresher training is one of the five separate refresher modules of the GWO Basic Safety refresher course.
The full GWO Basic Safety Refresher training consists of 5 modules that provide delegates with the full knowledge and skills to work safely in the wind industry: GWO First Aid refresher, GWO Manual Handling refresher, GWO Fire Awareness refresher, GWO Working at Heights refresher and GWO Sea Survival refresher.
The aim of the GWO Working at Heights training is to ensure that delegates are able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to a WTG.
- Understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- Correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc.
- Knowledge and skills to correctly inspect, service, store and don the relevant PPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment.
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses lanyards, fall arresters and work positioning equipment. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- Correct use of evacuation devices.
- How to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently.
The GWO Working at Heights refresher module is provided in one day to classes with a maximum of 8 delegates. The training consists of a theoretical and practical part.
Successful delegates receive a Working at Height refresher certificate with a validity of 2 years.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and with a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses.
Conditions for Participation
A good physical condition is required. Participants’ weight may not exceed 273 pounds in relation to the bearing capacity of the materials that are used during the training. We kindly advise you to bring your own safety shoes.
Delegates shall have created a personal delegate profile in WINDA and provide their own WINDA ID prior to the training.
In order to generate a WINDA ID, please visit: https://winda.globalwindsafety.org and choose ‘Register’, followed by ‘Delegate Registration’. After filling in your data you will receive an activation code per e-mail, which is valid for 48 hours. When you activate via the e-mail and fill in a password a confirmation will be sent via e-mail. Also, in the top right corner of the page your WINDA ID will occur, which is needed for registration of your certification.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups.
- For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.