The 1-day practical training Safe Moving of Loads is intended for employees who have to lift and move loads with the help of an overhead crane. During this training delegates learn the knowledge and skills to do so in a correct, safe and responsible way. This training is both basic and refresher course and will be concluded with a DELTA exam. This is a DELTA certified training.
As an alternative to SOG BVL and VVL-H DELTA Safety Training also offers the ‘Banksman / Nogepa 1.9A’ training, this is a 3-day training for the ‘Banksman’ certificate. This certificate gives an exemption for the ‘SOG BVL and VVL-H’ certificates within the (petro) chemical industry in NL and can therefore be followed instead of these courses.
This training consists of a theoretical and practical part.
- Concepts, legal provisions and regulations
- Lifting belts
- Steel cables
- Chain and chain work
- Special lifting equipment
- Hoists, lifting beams and traveling cats
- Inspection and certification
- Safe loading of loads
- Arm signals.
- Practice in safely starting and moving a valve, blind plate and pipe piece at simulation mode.
- Practice working with the overhead crane (On location of DELTA worked with a remote-controlled overhead crane)
The course duration is one day and the course will be provided in classes with a maximum of 8 delegates.
Successful delegates receive a DELTA certificate Safe Moving of Loads. This certificate has a validity of five years.
We can also take care of the course Safe Moving of Loads in the Dutch language in many other languages. For courses with exams in these foreign languages, we are happy to make a tailor-made offer for you.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay. Upon request this training can be provided on location, if the location meets the course requirements.
Conditions for Participation
Participants shall be 18 years old at minimum.
The price in the top right corner is the price per category and includes the course material, use of the practical resources, certificate costs, coffee and tea. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.