Mobile Elevated Working Platform (category 3A, passenger lift and scissor lift) – Basic training
In this course delegates will learn to work with and operate a mobile elevated working platform category 3A safely and responsibly. The course includes instruction about various power sources and safety standards. Also, delegates learn about certification and wind speed ratings. They will develop their skills, learn to inspect the mobile elevated working platform before use and to set it up and move it safely. Also, the delegates will learn how to operate the category 3A MEWP. After this course the delegates will be able to act safely in emergency situations. Note: if a delegate wishes to take a SOG exam a valid VCA or VOL VCA certificate is needed. For SOG exams additional costs are applicable.
This course consists of a theoretical and practical part:
- Definition of Mobile Elevated Working Platforms, models and types
- Relevant rules and regulations
- Practical and safe use of Mobile Elevated Working Platforms: various types of equipment, construction and application, inspection and maintenance, handling of loads, possibilities and limitations
- Safety regulations regarding: safety features, rules for transportation on the workplace and use of the Mobile Elevated Working Platform
- Lifting and hoisting activities
- Driving ability and safe use
- Prevention of accidents and damage
- Recognition of hazardous defects
- Practical exercise on a set track
The course duration is two days and will be provided in classes with a maximum of 8 delegates. Both the theoretical and practical part will be concluded with an exam.
Successful delegates receive a DELTA or SSVV Training Guide (SOG) certificate ‘Mobile Elevated Working Platform category 3A’. Both DELTA and SOG certificate have a validity of five years.
The course is provided in Dutch. The SSVV (SOG) exam can be conducted in Dutch, English, German, Polish and Portuguese. For courses in foreign languages, please contact us for a tailor made offer.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay. Upon request and with a sufficient number of delegates, this training can be provided on location, if certified by DELTA. In case of certification by SSVV Training Guide (SOG), the training will necessarily take place at DELTA Safety Training.
Conditions for Participation
To participate in SSVV Training Guide (SOG) exams, participants must be in possession of a valid certificate Basic Safety VCA or VOL VCA. The minimum age to obtain the DELTA certificate is 16 years. To participate in the SSVV Training Guide exam the minimum age is 18 years.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.