Rigging & Slinging for Riggers & Banksmen – Refresher
This practical Rigging & Slinging Refresher training is specifically developed for the operational staff (Riggers & Banksman) working on board of Craneships and Oil & Gas Platforms. All aspects of Rigging, Slinging and Mooring are covered. The aim of the training is to provide the participants with the tools and knowledge that will increase both the safety and the efficiency of their work on board. Engineering and Purchasing staff are advised to follow the training specifically developed for them.
This refresher training consists of a combination of theoretical instruction, practical exercises in classroom and practical training with overhead cranes and other equipment covering the following subjects:
- Materials and Equipment ( among others Fibre Ropes, Fibre Slings, Wire Ropes, Slings, DNV 2.7-1 container, Shackles, Chains, Hoists and Winches, Lifting Beams and Spreader Bars, Sheave Blocks, ROV Equipment)
- Select the safest and most efficient materials and equipment
- Latest developments
- Recognising unsafe materials and equipment
- Hoisting of Personnel
- Anchor handling
- Rules and Regulations
- Basic load calculations
- Certification, Inspection and Marking
- Safe use of materials
The course duration is one day and the course will be provided in classes with a maximum of 8 delegates. Both the theoretical and the practical part will be concluded with an exam.
Successful delegates receive a DNV GL certificate Rigging & Slinging for Riggers and Banksmen with a validity of four years.In addition a NOGEPA 1.9 Bankman certificate will be provided to successful candidates.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and in case of a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch, although the course material and the exam are only available in English.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay.
Conditions for participation
In order to participate in this course delegates need to be in possession of a valid DNV GL certificate Rigging & Slinging for Riggers and Banksmen.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, the certificate, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.