Security Awareness for all Seafarers
This course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the required standard of competence enabling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately.
The course content consists of the following subjects:
- Meaning and consequential requirements of various security levels.
- Knowledge of the ships safety plan, safety procedures and precautionary measures.
- Detection and recognition of safety risks.
- Detection and recognition of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten the overaal security.
- Techniques used to circumvent safety measures.
The course content is compliant with the STCW (A-V1/6.1) standard and is developed based on IMO model course 3.27.
The course duration is approx. four hours and the course is provided for classes with a maximum of 16 participants. Security Awareness is a theoretical training which is often offered in addition to the STCW Basic Safety Training.
Successful candidates receive the Certificate Security Awareness STCW (section A-V1/6-1).
This course will be held in English. Upon request and with a sufficient number of participants, the course can also be provided in Dutch. It is allowed to participate in the course with assistance of a translator. A translator can be provided by DELTA Safety Training upon request.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses. This course can be provided onboard.
Conditions for Participation
No entry requirements apply to this course.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, the certificate and coffee and tea. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.