Slijpmachines / Abrasive wheels
Many accidents occur during work, related with abrasive wheels and associated equipment. This often happens in combination with cutting discs or grinding discs. This training emphasizes the risks and safe working method during working with abrasive wheels and associated machinery.
This training is intended for everyone who carries out work using abrasive wheels and associated equipment.
This course covers various types of abrasive wheels, inspection prior use of the wheels and tools, hazards, correct PPE, and correct selection of disks.
- What is an abrasive wheel?
- With what kind of equipment do you use them
- hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed;
- Before we start to work
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed;
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels;
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage;
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly ;
- The proper method of dressing an abrasive wheel (removing dulled abrasive or other material from the cutting surface and/or removing material to correct any uneven wear of the wheel);
- The correct adjustment of the work rest on pedestal or bench grinding machines;
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
- Each candidate will have to select the most appropriate cutting wheel for the task given from the wheels provided.
- Each candidate will have to correctly mount their chosen wheel onto the wheel
- Each candidate will have to perform a before use inspection on both the wheel and the tool.
- Each candidate will have to use the grinding wheel using the safe system of work given by the instructor.
The training / toolbox takes 4 hours and consists of a theoretical and practical part
Participants who pass, receive a safe working with abrasive wheels certificate.
This course is provided in Dutch or English. Upon request and with a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in other languages in cooperation with a translator. (There are additional costs associated with this option)
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay, including a heated indoor pool for Maritime and Offshore courses.
On request this training can be provided on location or in company, on condition that correct facilities are available.
Conditions for participation
We kindly advise you to bring your own personal protective equipment. Minimum age is 18 years. the possession of a valid VCA certificate is preferred
The price in the top right corner includes course material, use of the practical resources, registration fee, certificate costs, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices are 21% VAT excluded.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups.
- For group bookings or in company courses, we are happy to make you a customized offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.