Socket Pouring Course
This practical training course is meant for persons involved in the maintenance and socketing of wire ropes. In this course they are trained how to carry out resin socketing in a correct way using safe working practices.
This training consists of a theoretical and a (larger) practical part covering the following subjects on socketing with resin:
- Various socketing applications
- Tools and equipment required
- Methods and procedures
- Make suitable measurements
- Select the suitable socket for the job
- Mixing and pouring of resin
- Carry out socketing using approved methods and procedures
The course duration is one day and the course will be provided in classes with a maximum of eight delegates. It is a mainly practical course. Both the theoretical and the practical part will be concluded with an exam.
Successful delegates receive a DNV GL certificate with a validity of four years. The exam will be conducted by an external, DNV GL certificate, party.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and in case of a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch, although the course material and the exam are only available in English.
The training takes place at DELTA Safety Training in Rotterdam. DELTA offers a fully indoor training venue with all necessary facilities for a safe and comfortable stay.
Conditions for participation
No entry requirements apply to this course.
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, the certificate, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups. For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.