STCW Medical Care
The STCW Medical Care certificate is mandatory for employees who are responsible for providing first aid on board, outside the borders of the Dutch territorial sea or a territorial sea adjacent to the royal zone of the Dutch territorial sea.
- General introduction shipping healthcare
- Wound treatment en stitching of a wound
- Transporting wounded
- Evacuation per helicopter
- Wound treatment
- Injury to the human musculoskeletal system
- Vital functions check
- Administering injections
- Administering IV
- Medical equipment on board
- Medical administration and contacting Radio Medical Service
The Medical Care (STCW) training has a duration of 3 days. The training consists out of theory and practical elements. The maximum group consists out of 12 delegates.
Successful delegates receive a STCW Medical Care certificate. This certificate has a validity of five years.
This course is provided in English. Upon request and in case of a sufficient number of delegates, the course can be provided in Dutch.
The training takes place at the following adress: Brielselaan 85, 3081 AB in Rotterdam
Conditions for participation
The delegates needs to be in possession of a medical declaration of a doctor and a valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate. (not older than 5 years)
The price in the top right corner includes the course material, use of the practical resources, the certificate, coffee, tea and lunch. All prices exclude VAT.
- The available course dates are shown in the top right corner of the page.
- These courses are very suitable for individual participants or small groups.
- For group bookings or incompany courses, we are happy to make you a customised offer.
- If you wish to receive any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.